Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

To be acknowledged with much consideration for tomorrow's protest

View previous topic View next topic Go down

To be acknowledged with much consideration for tomorrow's protest

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:16 pm

Do you, Anons, remember Montebello?

A few years ago, police officers inflitrated protesters to, as some had accused them, incite violence in order to interveign

Before you call in the tinfoil hat on me, please read carefully. In a protest where citizens tries to protect their private life and rights, in a protest where police officers, the medias and the ''big wigs'' qualifies masked protesters as criminals and vandals, in a protest where we often make reference to the march protest against police brutality, in a protest where police hatred has reached a certain high point since the Villanueva incident, do you see any connexions?

I do believe we should be extremely careful tomorrow. I do not wish to alarm people but I wish for you to take great precautions tomorrow. I, for myself, will be there. Putting the Anon protests aside, I did several more like these ones. I used to be protesting for several different causes in downtown city. Where people would walk the street opposing anti-riot squads. I saw several cops acting like assholes with sticks, tazers and peppersprays in protest before and they act as soon as they can and as recklessly as possible if they can make up a ''publicly reasonable'' argument to run in the crowd, most of the time.
If people gets to fuck shit up, it will give them the PERFECT argument to ban masked protesters. Especially, if Anonymous is there. I do hope everything will go according to plan and all will be well but remember, be very careful. The police already tried to fuck shit up before and I would, personally, not be surprised if they try again tomorrow like they did for montebello. It's one of those gut feeling that I have sometimes that I cannot ignore.

I will try to lurk around the net for a pamphlet I read once about Police Brutality that informs you what to do and not to do and many many many other stuff that police uses and try to post the link here.

EDIT : French pamphlet : www.blocpot.qc.ca/files/COBP_surprise-fr.pdf
EDIT 1.5 : English pamphlet (thanks Mouth for the find) http://cobp-mtl.ath.cx/en/node/5
EDIT2:

TRANLATION :

Dependant of the kind of protest or action, it is maybe preferable to not talk about it on the phone or at any other places that you could risk being overheard.

TO BE OR NOT TO BE IDENTIFIED?

The ''identification'' section of the SPVM follows the protests, get togethers, ect. in the sole goal of identifying the protesters, the organisers and the responsible people for the animation of the protest. We, therefore, have the choice to wear a mask or a disguise to protect ourselves. The fact that you are masked will attract the police's attention, especially of the undercover cops and those of the medias as well. Being masked or disguised ''in the purpose to commit a crime or infraction'' constitutes a specific criminal infraction. This can also scare other protesters.

If the law is passed, this LEGAL pamphler made in 1998 in collaboration with the COPB (Colletive Opposed against Police Brutality), and the following lawyers : Pascal Lescarbeau and Julius Grey and with the assistance of GRIP-McGill, would be obselete. This is therefore, an attack on legal human rights. Period. How disgusting

Last edited by Damocles on Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Re: To be acknowledged with much consideration for tomorrow's protest

Post by Mouth on Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:23 pm

English pamphlet is here: http://cobp-mtl.ath.cx/en/node/5

I've never heard of the Montebello situation, but that's probably because that was before I got into activism.

I'll be reading that pamphlet over and over on the bus tomorrow

Mouth
Really Good Enturbulator

Female Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:40 pm

Many thanks mouth for the found. I gonna edit my post to put it there too.

Back to top Go down

Post by NRR on Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:53 am

This post is full of wins. Smile

Whatever happened, stay safe, stay peaceful and respect the law. Act like it's an Anon protest.

Protesters are walking in the street? Stay on the sidewalk.

The protest start go wild? Walk away and go eat some cake.

Police are asking protesters to move on? Move on.

TL;DR Ghandi Tech.

«J'ai fait un rêve très précis une nuit après avoir mangé des cretons pas frais. Ça implique l'Église de Scientologie et une sordide histoire de chèvres. Je ne peux pas en dire plus...» - François Parenteau

Anonymous Montreal: Blog (English/Français) — Forum — Youtube — Twitter

NRR
German nazi communist psychiatrist from the 4th or 5th Marcabian Division

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD4bn5pp32w

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:09 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top