Too lazy to read it all?

Meanwhile, in Montreal Canada, Montreal
police are asking the city to outlaw bad or insulting language used
against police officers, making it illegal for members of the public
to call cops profanity-laced nicknames, or lob jeers, such as "pig"
and "doughnut-eater."

"Chablo said several municipalities
across Quebec - including Quebec City - have some variation of a law
that prohibits citizens from spewing slurs at police officers," reports the Canadian Press.

"There are an awful lot of words
that are borderline and it's highly subjective - it's too vague,"
said Ronald Sklar, a McGill University law professor, said of the police
union's proposal.

Another link relevant to your existance.

Om nom nom let the Orwellian government begin!
AK
I have too many posts.

Female Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-05-12

http://img.4chan.org/b/imgboard.html

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't Call a Cop a Pig No More.

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:11 am

I know many people who still will call them whatever they like.
I have one at home and I truly think he deserves suck nicknames cause he really is an hypocrite douchebag.

The police state is coming folks. I know that for sure. My roommate complains to the landlord when my room is messy even though it's : 1- off limit to him and 2- NOT OF HIS FUCKING BUSINESS!!!

9000 RAGE!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggles on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:04 pm

Hahaha, that's ridiculous. I have no problem with police, in fact I'm one of the first to defend them when someone makes a FUCK THA POLICE comment, but this is just going way overboard.
Doggles
My lineage is so sinful, it would kill you if I told you.

Male Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouth on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:49 pm

Wow. I agree with Anubis, this is effin police state shit.
But luckily, these are turning out to be very vague laws so there'll probably be a helluva lot of loopholes.
Mouth
Really Good Enturbulator

Female Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Scythe on Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:51 pm

Gotta respect those who represent the law folks. If I had a badge and someone insulted me I would kick his ass.

Scythe
THE GAWGGLES THEY DO NAHTING

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggles on Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:53 pm

But does there really need to be a law against it? Razz Someone who's really thin-skinned may not make the best police officer.
Doggles

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonShaw on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:12 pm

Scythe wrote:Gotta respect those who represent the law folks. If I had a badge and someone insulted me I would kick his ass.

And that's prolly why you're not a policeman Razz

AnonShaw
THIS IS SPARTA, dammit

Male Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Scythe on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:20 pm

yeah pretty much, people have no respect for authority anymore. I'm all for this law, it will procure the security that the cops needs so much.

Scythe

Back to top Go down

Post by NRR on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:37 pm

Scythe wrote:yeah pretty much, people have no respect for authority anymore. I'm all for this law, it will procure the security that the cops needs so much.

If Montreal cops want some respect, they should start to look in their own backyard:

How can cops can be taken seriously by the population whne they don't even respect their own uniform?

«J'ai fait un rêve très précis une nuit après avoir mangé des cretons pas frais. Ça implique l'Église de Scientologie et une sordide histoire de chèvres. Je ne peux pas en dire plus...» - François Parenteau

Anonymous Montreal: Blog (English/Français) — ForumYoutubeTwitter
NRR
German nazi communist psychiatrist from the 4th or 5th Marcabian Division

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD4bn5pp32w

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonShaw on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:39 pm

Scythe wrote:yeah pretty much, people have no respect for authority anymore. I'm all for this law, it will procure the security that the cops needs so much.

Security? Words can kill?

Officers are human too and some are assholes even though most of them are just doing their job and are mostly nice.
Giving them too much power makes them bold (like they're not enough already...)
I can understand totally why you would disagree, but the libertarian in me just gets annoyed by this law.
AnonShaw
THIS IS SPARTA, dammit

Back to top Go down

Post by Scythe on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:39 pm

I never said that the problem wasnt both ways.

Scythe

Back to top Go down

Post by Scythe on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:48 pm

The police represent the law and in order to enforce it they are given the ability to use necessary force which only the state can do. The state is governed by the will of the people and for this reason the police must be accountable to them. I think the citizen has to respect police authority and what it represents, but in return, the police must be responsible with its power and treat the citizen the same way a business treat a consumer.

but imo both parties are stupid and juvenile, if the police treat you like shit then complain, or try to not cause any trouble. I never had any problem with the police because I always licked their ass by being polite and respectful, its very easy to put them on your side. You just have to be smarter than them (not hard).

Scythe

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonShaw on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:58 pm

Scythe wrote: I think the citizen has to respect police authority and what it represents, but in return, the police must be responsible with its power and treat the citizen the same way a business treat a consumer.

Problem is that it ain't happening on either side :(

But I totally agree with that statement still.

That being said, I have met some policemen who were still assholes even though I was very polite and not doing anything illegal. SOMETIMES (big emphasis on the word) they take their personnal opinion too seriously and forget about the law.

That being said, I also have met VERY proffessional policemen (the majority of those I met in fact) that diserved fully our respect and were still disrespected by citizens,
medal has two sides indeed and being human, it CAN get on their nerves in the long term.

Also cocks.
AnonShaw
THIS IS SPARTA, dammit

Back to top Go down

Post by Scythe on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:05 pm

I agree with this. But hey, police officers are humans after all, and not always the brightest of all. I guess badges are too easily given away, but it is one of the problem you have to cope with when you need a large amount of work force because there are too many morons committing crimes.

Scythe

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggles on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:18 pm

AnonShaw wrote:
That being said, I have met some policemen who were still assholes even though I was very polite and not doing anything illegal. SOMETIMES (big emphasis on the word) they take their personnal opinion too seriously and forget about the law.

That being said, I also have met VERY proffessional policemen (the majority of those I met in fact) that diserved fully our respect and were still disrespected by citizens,
medal has two sides indeed and being human, it CAN get on their nerves in the long term.

Also cocks.

^ This. On the whole, most police are behave professionally and aren't assholes. But there are the few who are, and everyone has a story about an asshole cop. Nobody has a story about the time they saw a police car drive by without incident, or when they saw a police car wait at a traffic light like everyone else instead of turning on their lights to blow through it. An asshole has left their mark and the good cops are easily forgettable since they don't bother you.
Doggles

Back to top Go down

Post by syb on Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:10 pm

The thing is...if this law is accepted...How can you tell if someone really said those words?

I mean, will they record everything we say?
syb
Fucking Awesome

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by AK on Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:42 pm

syb wrote:The thing is...if this law is accepted...How can you tell if someone really said those words?

I mean, will they record everything we say?

Generally, if people are rude to cops already, it falls somewhere under resisting to cooperate. Or something.

I agree with Shaw on this one, but I have my own little story to give:

My 5 friends and I got ticketed on a bus for yelling, the ticket was the highest you could give a minor, 93 bucks. I gave my ID, contested the ticket, no problem. So did 2 of my friends. The other three resisted, kept yelling things like "I know the law!" and "Oink". Not only were they not able to contest their ticket to the judge (given the cops' testimony against them) but they had to do community service extra. Fair or not, even the most asshole cop holds more sway then then average civilian (especially those rabble-rousing kids).

Last edited by AK on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I wrote 6 and myself. I'm not two people. 6 total. Oopsies.)
AK
I have too many posts.

Female Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-05-12

http://img.4chan.org/b/imgboard.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouth on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:11 pm

slightly unrelated but: 93 bucks is the most for a minor? Fuck! I got a 93$ ticket once for "blocking sidewalk traffic". That is lame.
Mouth
Really Good Enturbulator

Female Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:54 pm

As far as I am concerned, I never -ever- liked cops. Never did and never will.

Not that I am a vandal or anything to hate them that much. I am mostly calm and respectfull to authority representing people when they are acting the same toward me. I can even get along with them and cooperate to the best of my abilities.

But...

I fucking hate those incompetant morans assholes cop like the black one we met at the oct raid. The fact I share rooms with a fucking incompetent for a wannabe cop who bullshits, screams and yells like a little bitch when either the internet modem dosn't work OR MY ROOM IS MESSY (I swear I'm outta get revenge on the douchebag for that one)dosen't help either.
I hate those fuckers. Yet again, to not get a fucking ticket, i'll be polite cause I am broke as shit.

None the less, ever since I got to college, I met with student mobilisation. I went to riots, manifestations and occupations and EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME EXCEPT FOR ONE, i saw the cops act like douchebags and taze/hit people. When I see some people I know, who are by far way less fucking dangerous looking and lethal as I can be when ''angry'' than I actually am, get buchered at a peacefull occupation when the cops came onto the crowd with sticks and shields, I can get very protective for my friends even though most of the time, I don't give a shit about people...

Anyways, I saw cops overabuse their powers and act like retards on crack and that marked a permanent scare inside me...

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonShaw on Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 am

Anubis wrote:As far as I am concerned, I never -ever- liked cops. Never did and never will.

Not that I am a vandal or anything to hate them that much. I am mostly calm and respectfull to authority representing people when they are acting the same toward me. I can even get along with them and cooperate to the best of my abilities.

But...

I fucking hate those incompetant morans assholes cop like the black one we met at the oct raid. The fact I share rooms with a fucking incompetent for a wannabe cop who bullshits, screams and yells like a little bitch when either the internet modem dosn't work OR MY ROOM IS MESSY (I swear I'm outta get revenge on the douchebag for that one)dosen't help either.
I hate those fuckers. Yet again, to not get a fucking ticket, i'll be polite cause I am broke as shit.

None the less, ever since I got to college, I met with student mobilisation. I went to riots, manifestations and occupations and EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME EXCEPT FOR ONE, i saw the cops act like douchebags and taze/hit people. When I see some people I know, who are by far way less fucking dangerous looking and lethal as I can be when ''angry'' than I actually am, get buchered at a peacefull occupation when the cops came onto the crowd with sticks and shields, I can get very protective for my friends even though most of the time, I don't give a shit about people...

Anyways, I saw cops overabuse their powers and act like retards on crack and that marked a permanent scare inside me...

Yea I saw that kind of behavior from cops first hand too when they beat up my cousin just because he was at the wrong place at the wrong time.....

Doesn't mean I have to generalise and put them all in the same basket for the rest of my life.
AnonShaw
THIS IS SPARTA, dammit

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie_One on Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:44 am

true enough.

c'est seulement une minorité qwui est pas assez compétente pour monter en grade qui fait chier la population.

c'est plate mais les plus compétent (et plus fun a travailler avec) finissent par monter en grade a moment donné, donc on les voit plus après un boutte car il sont pogner a un bureau par après
Rookie_One
On your knees, and suck for forgiveness.

Male Number of posts : 589
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggles on Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:56 am

AnonShaw wrote:
Yea I saw that kind of behavior from cops first hand too when they beat up my cousin just because he was at the wrong place at the wrong time.....

Doesn't mean I have to generalise and put them all in the same basket for the rest of my life.

Again, this. It's pretty shitty to generalize a whole group of people based on their profession, especially when it's a profession that is generally noble. For every story of an asshole cop, there are 1000 stories of a cop doing his job properly that never get told because people only care when they do something wrong or really, really right ("above and beyond the call of duty", as they say).
Doggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top