Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Law 78

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Law 78

Post by David Miscavige on Sat May 26, 2012 11:14 am

Hi there, as you all know I'm also part of the cananon collective, we are currently taking a stance against law 78 that targets the students specifically. WE ARE NOT SUPPORTING THE STUDENT DEMANDS, but merely standing up for their right to free speech.

I am aware that you guys are chanology focused, that being said I know that you also probably participate in other forms of activism outside of this collective. Which is why I invite those who are interested to help to join us on www.cananon.info.

Here is the brainstorming tl;dr from our last meeting :

https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/summary-of-cananon-meeting-on-law-78.102840

Good day gentlemen

David Miscavige
Fucking Awesome

Male Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2009-11-01

http://www.scientology.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Law 78

Post by Guy_Fox on Sat May 26, 2012 6:06 pm

Actually we've been talking about these laws today at the afterparty, and in all honesty, many of us find 78 needed - sure it's rough, but it's a desperate measure for desperate times. It obviously needs refining, though. Or alternatively, it needs to be struck altogether when the crisis finally passes.

As Chanology, we only really have an issue with R.R.V.M., c. P-6 of May 19th 2012. While it has provisions to accommodate our needs, it's worded so vaguely the Police has no clue how to apply it yet. For everybody's peace of mind we should keep things down for now and work towards clarifying RRVM c. P-6 for the near future. That's our primary focus and concern right now...

Guy_Fox
Operating Anon VIII

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by David Miscavige on Sat May 26, 2012 6:20 pm

Guy_Fox wrote:Actually we've been talking about these laws today at the afterparty, and in all honesty, many of us find 78 needed - sure it's rough, but it's a desperate measure for desperate times. It obviously needs refining, though. Or alternatively, it needs to be struck altogether when the crisis finally passes.

As Chanology, we only really have an issue with R.R.V.M., c. P-6 of May 19th 2012. While it has provisions to accommodate our needs, it's worded so vaguely the Police has no clue how to apply it yet. For everybody's peace of mind we should keep things down for now and work towards clarifying RRVM c. P-6 for the near future. That's our primary focus and concern right now...

The only thing that bothers me with 78 is how it specifically targets the students. A regular citizen gets a much lower fine than a student if they don't obey the law. Otherwise I don't have issues with the rest of it.

-I might disagree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it-

Anyway I was simply leaving it out here, I'm aware you guys focus specifically on chanology. Just an invitation for anyone interested Wink Not pushing it down your throats hehe.

David Miscavige
Fucking Awesome

Male Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2009-11-01

http://www.scientology.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guy_Fox on Sat May 26, 2012 6:28 pm

LOL, no worries, we're well aware of this issue already, we've been following it very closely.

Ideally, we'd be glad to see them both 78 and our municipal bylaw go away. Right now we'll focus our attention on the one that gets in the way of our own ops the most. If we have some success with it, it might be a good precedent to use against 78 later Smile

Guy_Fox
Operating Anon VIII

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:47 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum