Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Cananon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cananon

Post by David Miscavige on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Hello there,

First thing I'm going to say is don't shoot the messenger, I am perfectly aware that we had some e-fights before but I'm not here for that or to cause any trouble. If any of you have any grievances with me personally, I beg of you to send it via pm and not ruin this thread with pointless drama. This is not my project, it doesn't have a leader, and it just requires your help if you are willing to give it. Thanks in advance.

TITS

Now that I have your attention,

We have been working with a few other canadian anons from other provinces on the cananon project. What we mainly want is a canadian portal in both official languages for everything anon related (including anon vs scientology) to make it easier for newcomers and joe public to get directly to the information they specifically want.

To make this happen, we need your help and ideas. I know a lot of you hate irc but it's the main tool of communication we use at the time for planning and putting things in action. Some of us are already starting to consider also using skype for audio conferencing as this helps make collaboration faster and more efficient.
We also use piratepad.
By all means if you have other suggestions, feel free to share.

An anon who is also doing web development is currently working with DRUPAL to create the cananon website. What we mainly need at the current time is content, and motivated people to help us welcome and gather newcomers and joe public and give them info about what they want to know about (again, INCLUDING anon vs scientology Razz )

If you think you could help, and put our differences aside, please feel free to join us on irc.anonnet.org port : 6667 room #cananon or directly on mibbit on the front page of www.qcanon.ning.com

Otherwise if you'd rather not join irc, feel free to share ideas in this thread, i'll be coming back periodically to check on it.

Keep up the good work guys

David Miscavige
Fucking Awesome

Male Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2009-11-01

http://www.scientology.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Cananon

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:57 pm

I guess I can redact some french articles on Anon VS COS every now and then. To be honest, I wanted to do that for some time.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Miscavige on Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:11 pm

Johnny Truant wrote:I guess I can redact some french articles on Anon VS COS every now and then. To be honest, I wanted to do that for some time.

That would be great Smile

David Miscavige
Fucking Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:56 pm

David Miscavige wrote:
Johnny Truant wrote:I guess I can redact some french articles on Anon VS COS every now and then. To be honest, I wanted to do that for some time.

That would be great Smile

Send me a pm on what anon related matter you want a redaction on and i'll try to redac something cool in my spare time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guy_Fox on Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:45 pm

Sorry, I don't like this idea much...

Isn't this going to further dilute traffic into even more websites, ultimately drawing away from each of them?

WWP is the main, international hub. Joe public can find information there - that's what it's for. For getting in touch with local cells, we have local fora. It works. I'm not sure if there's any point in tearing Canada off WWP... the problem of Scientology is global and universal...

But that's just my two cents.

Also, please, no IRC... classic fora allow all of us to participate at our own pace. Some of us work and have lives away from our computers, LOL. IRC requires you to be right there, right then... it wouldn't work too well, IMHO.

P.S. Come to think of it, it might help new cells to pop up where there were a couple willing people but no web infrastructure. Still, I firmly believe it should be a site with a normal forum, tho... no IRC.

Guy_Fox
Operating Anon VIII

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by David Miscavige on Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:43 pm

Guy_Fox wrote:Sorry, I don't like this idea much...

Isn't this going to further dilute traffic into even more websites, ultimately drawing away from each of them?

WWP is the main, international hub. Joe public can find information there - that's what it's for. For getting in touch with local cells, we have local fora. It works. I'm not sure if there's any point in tearing Canada off WWP... the problem of Scientology is global and universal...

Also, please, no IRC... classic fora allow all of us to participate at our own pace. Some of us work and have lives away from our computers, LOL. IRC requires you to be right there, right then... it wouldn't work too well, IMHO.

P.S. Come to think of it, it might help new cells to pop up where there were a couple willing people but no web infrastructure. Still, I firmly believe it should be a site with a normal forum, tho... no IRC.

The idea is to have a hub for newcomers and joe public to redirect them to sites of interests to them + maybe a blog about various anon activity, not to tear away the already divided canadian cells.

We are not trying to replace the current sites, but rather have some type of hub where people can access the already existing ones more easily according to their interests.

So far we have anons from ottawa, vancouver, trois-rivières, toronto and a few american ones helping. I won't hold a grudge against you if you don't like the idea though. Any others who want to help are more than welcome to do so Smile

David Miscavige
Fucking Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by star eht on Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:39 am

Guy_Fox wrote:Sorry, I don't like this idea much...

I dunno, people don't show interest unless it affect them, international is great but many dont care unless it's focused on things affecting their own lives, international is too big, local is too small, but by country it can be interesting, especially when it's time to take actions thru legal means, and for any lawfag and politicians to get more focused information and to reduce the size of the task to a country's level

also WWP is a forum for the most part. i'd like more a website that focus on content, maybe with a small forum on the side to help transit stuff.

a big headstart with

WHERE is scientology in canada
WHO is in scientology canada
VICTIMS in canada
FRONTS in canada
LAWS regarding scientology in canada
LEGAL ACTIONS taken and projected against them
DEMONSTRATIONS taken and projected against them
and HOW they are affecting joe public and their backyard.

star eht
The Crowned Clown

Male Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guy_Fox on Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:56 am

I suppose it could work if done right. Mind you guise, it'll be quite a commitment maintaining that and keeping it up-to-date Smile

Guy_Fox
Operating Anon VIII

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by David Miscavige on Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:37 am

star eht wrote:
a big headstart with

WHERE is scientology in canada
WHO is in scientology canada
VICTIMS in canada
FRONTS in canada
LAWS regarding scientology in canada
LEGAL ACTIONS taken and projected against them
DEMONSTRATIONS taken and projected against them
and HOW they are affecting joe public and their backyard.

I like how you think, we need all the help we can get atm as the site will be focusing on ALL anon efforts in canada (INCLUDING scientology protests).

Think you guys could come up with a basic document regarding this scientology info? Atm we're mostly focusing on gathering new people to help and testing the website (feel free to pm me if you want to have access to the beta version)

David Miscavige
Fucking Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by NRR on Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:11 am

I think this website could be useful to give a general overview of Scientology fraud and abuses in Canada.

It could also help reboot Chanology outside Quebec and Vancouver.

It couldn't replaces local cells websites/forums, though. Wink

«J'ai fait un rêve très précis une nuit après avoir mangé des cretons pas frais. Ça implique l'Église de Scientologie et une sordide histoire de chèvres. Je ne peux pas en dire plus...» - François Parenteau

Anonymous Montreal: Blog (English/Français) — Forum — Youtube — Twitter

NRR
German nazi communist psychiatrist from the 4th or 5th Marcabian Division

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD4bn5pp32w

Back to top Go down

Post by David Miscavige on Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:49 pm

NRR wrote:I think this website could be useful to give a general overview of Scientology fraud and abuses in Canada.

It could also help reboot Chanology outside Quebec and Vancouver.

It couldn't replaces local cells websites/forums, though. Wink

Once again, the goal isn't to replace local websites Wink

We'll also focus on other aspects of canadian anon activism (ie: quebecleaks, the new bandwidth limit laws etc....)

About rebooting chanology in other provinces, we already have some people from previously unchanologized provinces so I think it may help indeed Smile

David Miscavige
Fucking Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by David Miscavige on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:11 am

Temporary logos

David Miscavige
Fucking Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Ordo Xenous on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:39 am

In Canada, we have a different situation than in the states. We have different laws, a different history with Scientology and our own little continental liaison.

Problems do NOT get solved on an international level. The best bet to disestablish Scientology is for some major raid to occur down in Hemet, but that might or might not happen. It would be easier to get Scientology out of Canada than out of the states, as there is a precedent where the orgs have been raided.

I think it would be VERY beneficial to get an actual Canadian network, bring support from one province to another and join our efforts on a federal level.

I'm willing to bring what I know about the orgs around canada and general support for this.

Ordo Xenous
Just a Fag

Male Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by David Miscavige on Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:34 am

Ordo Xenous wrote:In Canada, we have a different situation than in the states. We have different laws, a different history with Scientology and our own little continental liaison.

Problems do NOT get solved on an international level. The best bet to disestablish Scientology is for some major raid to occur down in Hemet, but that might or might not happen. It would be easier to get Scientology out of Canada than out of the states, as there is a precedent where the orgs have been raided.

I think it would be VERY beneficial to get an actual Canadian network, bring support from one province to another and join our efforts on a federal level.

I'm willing to bring what I know about the orgs around canada and general support for this.

I like you, you should join the irc Smile

David Miscavige
Fucking Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Ordo Xenous on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:03 pm

Got any other method of chat that doesn't make your IP as easily accessible?

Ordo Xenous
Just a Fag

Male Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by David Miscavige on Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Ordo Xenous wrote:Got any other method of chat that doesn't make your IP as easily accessible?

If you use SSL and a vhost you're pretty much hidden. If you want to be tinfoil foolproof, I suggest you use this before connecting : http://hotspotshield.com/

It changes your IP and makes you appear as if you were from another country (free vpn)

David Miscavige
Fucking Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by David Miscavige on Thu May 05, 2011 7:23 pm

Lookin for dj's or webcasters

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cananon

David Miscavige
Fucking Awesome